Environmental Policy and Accreditations
Queenstown Wine Trail is committed to the environment and takes active steps to minimise the impact of our operation. Current environmental initiatives of Queenstown Wine Trail:
- Our vehicles are serviced and maintained regularly which helps reduce fuel usage and carbon emissions.
- All of our Private wine tours have bottled spring water available in our vehicles but we do encourage you to use the water made available at every winery and reduce the number of single use plastic bottles entering the environment.
- We run a fleet of late modelled comfortable and efficient vehicles which have less impact on our environment.
- We use cold water and only biodegradable cleaning products to wash our vehicles.
- Our members of staff are trained in emission-reducing driving techniques, waste management, water and energy conservation.
- We ensure that all our printing material and products are sustainably sourced. We use refillable ink cartridges.
- Any waste is recycled.
- The majority of the vineyards visited are Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand Accredited Vineyards – for more information see the New Zealand Wine web site
We are Qualmark endorsed. Qualmark® is New Zealand tourism’s official mark of quality. All accommodation and tourism businesses which carry the Qualmark® means they’ve been independently assessed as professional and trustworthy, so you can book and buy with confidence.