Environmental Policy and Accreditations
Queenstown Wine Trail is committed to the environment and takes active steps to minimise the impact of our operation. Current environmental initiatives of Queenstown Wine Trail:
- Our vehicles are serviced and maintained regularly which helps reduce fuel usage and carbon emissions.
- We are in a process of upgrading to new, modern and more efficient vehicles which have less impact on our environment.
- We use cold water and only biodegradable cleaning products to wash our vehicles.
- Our members of staff are trained in emission-reducing driving techniques, waste management, water and energy conservation.
- We use refillable ink cartridges.
- We ensure that all our printing material and products are sustainably sourced.
- Any waste is recycled.
- The majority of the vineyards visited are Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand Accredited Vineyards – for more information see the New Zealand Wine web site
We are Qualmark endorsed. Qualmark® is New Zealand tourism's official mark of quality. All accommodation and tourism businesses which carry the Qualmark® means they've been independently assessed as professional and trustworthy, so you can book and buy with confidence.